Did you know that A-Bro hated being called Abe? Apparently, he preferred being called by his last name. Out of respect, this is why we only refer to him as A-Bro since we think it's what he'd want if he were around today. He was pretty bad ass too. He freed the slaves and rocked a full beard. His quotes are also pretty epic, here's some of our favorites:
- When I hear a man preach, I like to see him act as if he were fighting bees.
- Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
- Whatever you are, be a good one.
- Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.
- No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.
- Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.